Photo by Rogiro

An Invitation

God speaks. He speaks into our hearts and minds through people, nature, the church. He also speaks to us through His Word. His Word is His love letter to us, His way of helping us remember who we are and assure us of His promises. His Word is the road map to help us live the passionate adventurous lives He always meant for us.

These blog entries are teasers. Insights and revelations to encourage you to read the bible, the greatest piece of literature that was written especially for you, God's child.

Monday, September 14, 2009

Vulcanized


Colossians 1:17 He is before all things, and in him all things hold together.

*If you're new to this blog and wondering why I'm jumping into the middle of this powerful verse, please peruse the last four entries so you can follow this Romans 8:28 meditation.


Romans 8:28 And we know that God causes all things
to work together for good to those who love God, to those who are called according to His purpose.

The mechanic carried my vulcanized tires back and in the rain, drenched from head to toe, he proceeded to bolt them back.

"Thank you," I called out through an open window. "I can't believe you're working in the rain!"


"That's life," he replied as he tightened the bolts. "Gotta make a living."


My tires were vulcanized and ready to run. At the same time, the leaks in my spirit, the holes that allowed negative thoughts and anxieties to seep in, were closed. I was tight with God again, with my eyes on my situation's reality, but my mind and heart sealed with the ultimate truth--God's living word. I was ready to run.

I paid the mechanic and drove off to report the incident to the police and my landlord. While I waited for my landlord to arrive, I continued to meditate on Romans 8:28.

To work together.
Work together means that God will equip and send you people so everything will work out in your situation. How did things work together for me when my tires were deliberately pierced? First, my dad gave me good advice. He reminded me that comprehensive insurance offered free towing. Second, the mechanic fixed my tires for a minimal fee and in turn, I was able to bless him with half a day's wages. Third, a good friend asked me to consult someone from my community. That man showed me where the police station was and managed my expectations in filing a police report. Fourth, the guards in my building are now more vigilant, not just to protect my car, but to protect other people's property as well. This is a short list of how things worked together in my situation. There were many more blessings that arose.

My faith also increased. By faith, I know that God will continue making all things work together by increasing my finances, getting me out of the hood and blessing me with my own family in His perfect time.

How has God worked together for your good?

"Driving" by Charlie Gentle (http://www.flickr.com/photos/16682940@N00/253976155/)

No comments:

Post a Comment