Photo by Rogiro

An Invitation

God speaks. He speaks into our hearts and minds through people, nature, the church. He also speaks to us through His Word. His Word is His love letter to us, His way of helping us remember who we are and assure us of His promises. His Word is the road map to help us live the passionate adventurous lives He always meant for us.

These blog entries are teasers. Insights and revelations to encourage you to read the bible, the greatest piece of literature that was written especially for you, God's child.

Wednesday, September 16, 2009

The Perfect Lover

Psalm 52:8 But I am like an olive tree flourishing in the house of God; I trust in God's unfailing love for ever and ever.

Can't stop chewing on Romans 8:28. Now on part six. "And we know that God causes all things to work together for good to those who love God, to those who are called according to His purpose."

Have you ever been in love?

I'll call him B. I dated him a couple of years ago. He was more quirky than handsome, tall and stooped with icy blue eyes. He chattered incessantly about his travels to India, Peru and his inner world, which was like a maze to me. We argued over which was the better network--CNN or BBC? We visited museums and photo galleries and he said He started falling in love with me when I analyzed the blurry background of a majestic Sagada woman's black and white photo. She was perched on a log and defiant in her stare back at us as we laughed and clinked our wine glasses.

B pursued me. He constantly texted, called and made dates to see me. I always felt his desire for me. It was the night before he returned to the East Coast that he confessed his feelings. He discussed his plans to return to Manila and I promised I would wait for him.

During that period, I savored the wait. I loved waiting for B to text and call. I stayed up late to accomodate the time zone difference. I always smiled and my heart beat fast when I talked to him. I couldn't stop chattering about him to my friends. I was looking forward to him finding a job and returning to Manila. My heart's desire was to spend as much time as possible with him. We constantly made plans to travel to many places and do fun things.

God pursued me incessantly too. My heart and life were so faraway from Him but He made a way for me to know, without a doubt, His heart's desire, His unfailing love for me, His passion for me to be in a relationship with Him. (More about this in a future entry.)

God is the perfect lover. Loved ones will eventually be separated by break-ups, divorce and death. But God will always be there. He will never leave us.

My relationship with B didn't weather the distance. But my relationship with God did.

God loved me first and pursued me. Now I am so in love with Him. I look forward to talking to Him everyday. I can't wait to listen and meditate on His word. I'm always amazed at how He reveals Himself to me through people and nature. I can't help but tell all my friends about Him. I can't help but tell the world :-) I'm just so excited and passionate about my relationship with Him. I can't contain it.

That's how I love God. How about you?



No comments:

Post a Comment