Photo by Rogiro

An Invitation

God speaks. He speaks into our hearts and minds through people, nature, the church. He also speaks to us through His Word. His Word is His love letter to us, His way of helping us remember who we are and assure us of His promises. His Word is the road map to help us live the passionate adventurous lives He always meant for us.

These blog entries are teasers. Insights and revelations to encourage you to read the bible, the greatest piece of literature that was written especially for you, God's child.

Wednesday, September 9, 2009

An Eternal Gift


Romans 6:23 (NASB) For the wages of sin is death, but the free gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.

What was the best gift you've ever received? How did you react?

The best gift I received was a car from my parents. I was nineteen and couldn't afford it. I asked my father if I could use his car and he gave it to me because he loved me, trusted me and wanted me to have an easy way from school to home.

Your Heavenly Father also loves you and is gifting you with eternal life. It's free and He is lavishing it upon you because He loves you, trusts you and wants to fill you with joy.

What does eternal life mean? Synonyms for life--breath, enthusiasm, vivacity, elan vital. Eternal life doesn't start after our physical death, it starts now and never ends! God promises us a life lived awake and full of joy! How can you not grab this gift?

Where do we find this life? In Christ Jesus our Lord. Christ is another word for Son of God, Savior, Redeemer. Lord means master and ruler. By faith, do you believe that Jesus is the Christ? Do you believe that He died for your sins to redeem you from a life of sin that leads to death? By faith, are you willing to put Jesus first and allow Him to be your Lord? Jesus gives hope.

What are you choosing today? A life of sin that leads to death? Or God's free gift to you--eternal life?

If you choose to receive God's free gift of eternal life today, please say this prayer--

Heavenly Father, I acknowledge that the separation between us is because of my sin. I confess that I have sinned and have fallen short of Your glory. I thank you that You sent Your son, Jesus to pay the penalty for my sin. I believe that He died on the cross for me. I believe that you raised Him from the dead. I am sorry for my sins and I ask You to forgive and cleanse me. I want to turn away from everything the bible calls sin and receive You as my Lord, Master and Savior. Help me to love, serve and obey You for the rest of my life. In Jesus' name, Amen!

Photo by DG Jones (http://www.flickr.com/photos/46258685@N00/2570495037/)

No comments:

Post a Comment