Photo by Rogiro

An Invitation

God speaks. He speaks into our hearts and minds through people, nature, the church. He also speaks to us through His Word. His Word is His love letter to us, His way of helping us remember who we are and assure us of His promises. His Word is the road map to help us live the passionate adventurous lives He always meant for us.

These blog entries are teasers. Insights and revelations to encourage you to read the bible, the greatest piece of literature that was written especially for you, God's child.

Saturday, July 11, 2009

Grace in the Limits


Humility can feel like a slap on the face. It forces us to look at ourselves and admit that we are limited. Sometimes humility leaves a sour feeling in our hearts accompanied with whispered thoughts--
I don't know anything. I feel so dumb.
I don't know why I'm forced to follow a boss I don't respect.
I'm wrong. I'm always wrong!
I'm addicted.
I've done everything but nothing is working!


The only one who seems pleased when our egos are squashed is our Heavenly Father who opposes the proud, but gives grace to the humble. Today, take a humble stance before the Lord, and listen to the gentle whispers of a humbled heart that can turn your life around--
I don't know much about this, so I need to learn it.
I don't like my boss but I will practice submitting to authority.
I'm wrong. I need to change.
I'm addicted. I need help.
I've done everything in my power but nothing has changed. God take over. Be the center of my life.
--Read James 4:6

No comments:

Post a Comment