Photo by Rogiro

An Invitation

God speaks. He speaks into our hearts and minds through people, nature, the church. He also speaks to us through His Word. His Word is His love letter to us, His way of helping us remember who we are and assure us of His promises. His Word is the road map to help us live the passionate adventurous lives He always meant for us.

These blog entries are teasers. Insights and revelations to encourage you to read the bible, the greatest piece of literature that was written especially for you, God's child.

Monday, June 29, 2009

The Bread of Life


We are always hungry, always chasing after something to satisfy our souls. We chase relationships to fill us up. We chase work, money, food, alcohol and drugs. We chase self-knowledge, self-esteem, exercise, sex and travel, just to discover that it's never enough. We are still hungry, our souls a bottomless pit.

Stop running. Stop chasing. Jesus declares that He is the bread of life. Those who come to Him shall never hunger. Only He can satisfy your soul. Accept Jesus Christ as your savior and lord, the center of your life, your core. And chase after Him today. --inspired by John 6:35

If you feel that God is calling you today, please say this prayer:

Heavenly Father, I acknowledge that the separation between us is because of my sin. I confess that I have sinned and have fallen short of Your glory. I thank you that You sent Your son, Jesus to pay the penalty for my sin. I believe that He died on the cross for me. I believe that you raised Him from the dead. I am sorry for my sins and I ask You to forgive and cleanse me. I want to turn away from everything the bible calls sin and receive You as my Lord, Master and Savior. Help me to love, serve and obey You for the rest of my life. In Jesus' name, Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment